DETROIT LIONS CHARITIES SUPER BOWL LIII RAFFLE
1. Eligibility: The Detroit Lions Super Bowl LIII Raffle (the “Raffle”) is open only to legal residents of the State of Michigan who are present in Michigan and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of Raffle ticket purchase. Winner will be required to present valid government-issued identification in order to claim Prize. The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes each Raffle ticket purchaser’s (or any subsequent holder) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Licensee’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Raffle. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Raffle Description: The Raffle is a large raffle as defined in Michigan Public Act 382 of 1972, MCL 432.101, et. seq. The Michigan Bureau of Lottery License is number R50949.
3. Maximum Number of Tickets to be Sold: Not to exceed Two Thousand (2,000).
4. Cost Per Ticket: US$100.00 each. No part of the purchase price is tax deductible under IRS rules.
5. Licensee: The “Licensee” is Detroit Lions Charities, Inc., a 501(c)(3) organization, with a mailing address of 222 Republic Drive, Allen Park, MI 48101. Net proceeds of the Raffle will benefit the Detroit Public Schools Foundation and the permanent water solution at the Detroit Public Schools Community District and Detroit Lions Charities, Inc.
3. Timing: The Raffle begins on December 18, 2018 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on the earlier of the date on which the maximum number of tickets to be sold is reached, or January 14, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. ET (the "Raffle Period").
5. Drawing: The drawing will be conducted on January 14, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. The drawing will be conducted at 2000 Brush Street, Detroit, MI 48226 in the Atrium of Ford Field. Winner need not be present to win. The winning ticket will be drawn randomly from a drum containing tickets stubs matching each ticket sold such that each ticket has an equal opportunity of winning.
6. Entry: Enter by purchasing a Raffle ticket at www.detroitlions.com/raffle. There is no per-person limit on the number of tickets purchased. A major credit card with a Michigan billing zip code is required. Upon purchasing online, you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your order with your associated ticket number(s). Official Raffle ticket(s) will be sent to the billing address on the credit card used with the stub being retained by Licensee for the drawing.
7. Odds of WinningOdds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold, but not less than 1 in 2,000. There is no minimum number of tickets that must be sold for the Raffle drawing to take place.
8. Winner: Shortly after the drawing, Detroit Lions Charities will notify the potential winner by the e-mail address and phone number provided at time of purchase. Winner may also contact Detroit Lions Charities by calling (313) 216-4000 and requesting the General Counsel’s office. The winner will be required to present the winning Raffle ticket matching the stub drawn with government issued photo identification. The winning ticket number will also be posted at www.detroitlions.com/raffle.
9. Prize: One (1) winner will be awarded (“Prize”):
Two (2) tickets to Super Bowl LIII scheduled to be played in Atlanta, Georgia on February 3, 2019. Seat location is in the discretion of Licensee, provided that each ticket will have a minimum face value of $900. Licensee will also remit a cash payment (“Withholding Payment”) on the verified winner’s behalf for the minimum federal and state income tax withholding required by law with respect to raffle and prize winnings based upon the face value of the tickets actually awarded plus the Withholding Payment.
10. Taxes. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Prize is at least $1,800 plus the value of the Withholding Payment made on winner’s behalf. The Withholding Payment will be calculated by Licensee in its sole discretion. Licensee shall pay the Withholding Payment directly to the applicable taxing authorities and not to the winner. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use in excess of the Withholding Payment. Winner must provide a valid Form W-9 and provide social security number for issuance of Form 1099-MISC in the name of the purchaser as reflected in Licensee’s Raffle records and Licensee will not recognize any gift or transfer of a Raffle ticket or remit the Withholding Payment on behalf of any other person(s). Failure to provide information reasonably requested by Licensee shall result in winner forfeiting the Prize.
10. Prize Limitations. The Prize is non-transferable. If winner chooses to not accept the Prize, he or she will be awarded $500 cash without any related Withholding Payment. Licensee is not responsible for the rescheduling of or failure of the Super Bowl to be played as scheduled, or acts or circumstances beyond its control, including weather, TSA travel restrictions or other unforeseen circumstances and is not liable for expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Airfare, ground transportation, meals, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, personal purchases, and all other costs and expenses are solely the winner’s responsibility. In the event winner accepts the Prize and is thereafter unable to use the Prize or attend the game, no additional or alternative compensation will be provided for the tickets. Winner and guests must abide by all Super Bowl venue policies. If Licensee is unable to contact the potential winner within seven days, Licensee may, in its discretion declare the Prize forfeited and conduct another drawing.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY LICENSEE, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE RAFFLE. A TICKET HOLDER IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL HIS OR HER ELIGIBILITY AND STATUS AS THE WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED. LICENSEE WILL NOT ACCEPT PHOTOS, SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF ENTRY OR WINNING IN LIEU OF THE RAFFLE TICKET VALIDATION PROCESS.
11. Release: By receipt of the Prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Licensee, the National Football League and its Member Clubs, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against (i) any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Raffle or receipt of the Prize, and (ii) all federal, state and local income or similar taxes imposed on the winner other than remittance of the Withholding Payment, above.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Raffle constitutes the winning ticket holder’s consent to Licensee’s and its affiliates’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, and the like for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. General Conditions and Limitations: Licensee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Licensee reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Licensee’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) lost or misdirected Raffle tickets, notifications or any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether or not caused by a Raffle ticket purchaser; (2) misdirected mail or communications, including any resulting inability to contact the winner; (3) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software related to the purchase of Raffle tickets; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Raffle; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Raffle or the processing of tickets purchased; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any person’s participation in the Raffle or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each person purchasing or holding a Raffle Ticket agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Wayne County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Raffle, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a Raffle ticket purchase be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the any Raffle ticket purchaser or holder and Licensee in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
Licensee will provide information about the winner as required by law to anyone requesting it within one (1) year of the drawing date by mailing a written request to: Detroit Lions Charities SB LIII, 2000 Brush Street, Ste 200, Detroit, MI 48226, Attention: Winner List.